Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Resolutions

As a general rule I like to start new years resolutions early. I figure, if something is worth doing, it is worth starting at any time. Therefore, I like to start my makeover at odd times. If I'm starting a weight loss goal, sometimes I start after breakfast in the middle of a week. And so, this year, I opted to attempt a Chore Chart with the kids last week. This is not my first attempt - oh, no! Truth be told, I've never successfully implemented a chore chart before in my life. Yes, my kids work around the house; but it has never been an organized, daily, assigned work. Typically, I see that something has reached an epic level of catastrophe, so I say, "hey everyone, we're all going to clean x, y, z today." This method works best for always-changing, fly by the seat of your pants type mom's (ahem, me). Lately, we've needed a bit more of a daily goal to shoot for. The new dog has inspired this need. Why? Because:

1. The puppy eats anything that is left out.

2. Irish Water Spaniels shed far more than all the dog info websites say, and

3. 2 family members are allergic to dogs (we didn't know this until after the puppy came home).

So, without further ado, here is our daily chore chart: We rotate the jobs each day. Pretty simple, eh? We're 1 week into it, and so far, so good!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Our household could not function without a chore chart. Since I work so much, the kids do most of it, and the chore chart makes sure everything gets accomplished. (Or at least most of it.)