|My 13 year old's strawberry freezy pie, once it was finished|
30 chocolate wafers (she used chocolate graham crackers, 1 sleeve)
5 tsp unsalted butter
1 large egg
pinch of salt
1 lb strawberries
1/4 cup strawberry jam
1 tsp lemon juice
2/3 c sweetened condensed milk
4 cups thawed whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Finely grind wafers in food processor (or, graham crackers, like she did). Add butter, egg, salt. Process. Press into 9.5 in deep dish pie coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 10mins. Cool 10 mins on wire rack. Freeze 30 mins or until well chilled.
3. Slice 1 c strawberries, place in large bowl. Add 1 TBS strawberry jam and lemon juice: gently stir. Stir in sweetened condensed milk. Gently fold in whipped topping.
4. Spoon into crust, smoothing top. Freeze 4 hours or overnight.
5. Quarter remaining strawberries lengthwise; combine with 3 TBS jam. Rearrange mix over pie. Serve immediately.
It was a good pie, but I would've just had a chocolate graham cracker crust (minus the egg and the baking). I also would've chopped the strawberries very fine or processed a few whirls in the food processor. Other than that, it was a good pie and worth revisiting. Grade for this "assignment"? A :)