Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Weekly Review

For the week ending on Mar 28, 2014

This was a rather lame week.  My mom went into the hospital that past Saturday.  We cancelled CC on Monday.  We took a day trip up north to visit my family at the hospital and my mom had brain surgery.  The rest of the week was just muddling through and getting status updates from my dad, and then passing it along to others.  And a lot of praying.  But we did a few things...listed below:

G:
Has read through Lesson 62 in her reading lessons.

Z:
worked on some charts for Essentials.
edited her paper and marked all of her dress ups

A:
We sat together and she wrote a 4 paragraph essay on Thursday morning.  This essay was due Thursday afternoon:)  She had missed the previous Thursday class because she was sick, and then with my mom's situation, there was some catch-up to do.  I'm proud of her that she was able to write her paper, although I never want to push the limits like that again!

Co-op was Friday.

The dress rehearsal for the musical was Saturday.  The musical performance was Sunday.  Both girls did a fantastic job, and A's acting/solo performance was incredible (we were all blown away by how well she sang!)  It was A's last year in the church musicals and if she'd like to continue singing, she'll need to move up to the adult choir.  The 8th graders are always given the star roles, since it is their last year.  Z has two more years in the church musicals.  It is a lot of work, but they really enjoy it.  I know Z will perform beautifully when she reaches 8th grade and I know she is eager for that day.  It's a bittersweet ending, though.

No comments: