Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Cinderella slipper

This is somewhere between the ugliest thing ever made and my proudest accomplishment. I'm calling it Cinderella's slipper, since there is only one, but I doubt Cinderella would be caught dead in this thing.
image





However, this is education at it's finest.

It's been a hard, bitter cold winter and my toes are frigid. I got it into my head that I wanted to crochet myself a pair of slippers to go over my socks. One problem: I hadn't the foggiest idea of how to crochet.
image





My husband grew up around crocheting grandmothers, who taught him how to crochet. He's made some really nice hats and blankets. He showed me the basics and I awkwardly made a pot holder.

Next, I watched youtube videos. Finally, I made an attempt on a rough day where all I could do was sit and coddle an unhappy 4yo (early CC day + late rollerskating night = everyone has a "fun" hangover). I crocheted a slipper in a single day. Now, onto #2...
image





But I'm sure it won't look the same!

No comments: