Friday, December 6, 2013

Catch up

My 3rd grade teacher used to have "Catch Up" Day, where we could "catch up" on our assignments. She'd draw a big ketchup bottle on the board. So imagine a ketchup bottle here.

Where've I been? Living life as it happens and grasping at rare moments to post on another blog: www.teachafish.com Check it out if you're curious.  I'm trying to decide how I feel about an official Wordpress blog with domain name vs. my Blogger home, where I've lived comfortably all these years.

I am completely head over heels in love with our new CC (Classical Conversations) and the class I tutor there. I love my co-op, where my kids take fantastic enrichment classes that I could never duplicate at home. We're super busy with the church musical prepwork, which gets performed live this Sunday. We're strangling into our new American Heritage group, where some progress is being made but it gets kind of shelved while we are home. Z is finishing up her last year of awana and is exactly half way thru her book, which is exactly where she should be. The kids are still being kids and laundry is always falling further behind...just as most normal households are:)

My 12yo turned 13, and my 10yo turned 11. My newly minted teen wrote over 32,000 words for Nanowrimo (her grade level goal was 8,000 and the adult age goal is 50,000). I'm quite proud of this: this is the child I swore would never write. But she's become an amazing storyteller!

No comments: