Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thankful

Sick and miserable with some sinus ailment and seriously lacking sleep, I realized how thankful I am for an older daughter that can do her own science assignments and experiments on a day like today.
image





Looking closer at the photo, I realized that I am also thankful for a 4yo that throws her own tea parties (she's the one masked by a pink bandana on her head). And while I'm at it, I'm thankful for the 11yo in the background, flopped in the recliner working on math (even though there was some complaining...)

I'm even thankful for my messy house. It cleans up nicely when we put in a little bit of effort. It may be cold outside on our first snowfall in November,  but we have a cozy fire blazing inside. I can't think of a better place to be; other than bed with some tissues and cough drops.

No comments: