Tuesday: Homeschool Curriculum Planning Day
Wednesday: more fireplace work all day
Thursday: waited at home for rough in fireplace inspection (didn't happen). Horse riding lessons.
Friday: fireplace inspection (yay!)
- Math through lesson 98, focused on adding/subtracting unlike fractions, taking 10% discounts off of sales items, scientific notation, and the metric system. The metric system featured celcius, grams, liters, meters, and maps with cm to kilometer scales.
- Spelling patterns -end, and -ame. Challenging words included comprehend, apprehend, befriend, extend, intend, and pretend.
- Began reading Inkspell (book 2 of the Inkheart series), and several choose your own adventure books
- Math through lesson 85, focused on telling time, elapsed time, centuries (A.D.), division, divisibility rules, and averaging.
- Spelling pattern -ack. Challenging words included hijack, unpack, attack, quack, and whack (easy words this week).
- Began reading Catching Fire (book 2 of Hunger Games series), and several choose your own adventure.
|Our stars board. The kids got creative on this one. Once created, we used this to find out why stars twinkle.|
|Air dry clay art sculptures|
- We did Week 4 Day 1 of Writing With Skill, which involved reading a story and writing a brief summary.
- We worked on Easy Grammar, continuing the Preposition Review section
- The kids did cursive handwriting practice. I'm beginning to try to weave this into other things (for example, 2 spelling words get written in cursive now). We just began the section in Can Do Cursive on Grammar (I love their grammar review!)
- We did Week 3 of Science, all about the stars. We learned about the different ages/heat/color of stars. We did a science experiment where we learned how stars appear to twinkle.
- The kids used air dry clay for Art this week.