Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week break between weeks 24 and 25

Just a quick update:  our week break was filled with sickness, all 5 of us.  It has been pretty miserable.  I brought us all in to the doctor on Friday, and some of us had positive strep tests.  Does that mean the others did not have strep?  I don't know.  I guess those rapid office tests are about 70% accurate, so there is always the possibility of false negatives.  I had one of the worst sore throats ever.  Georgie tested positive, but hadn't complained about her throat at all, even when asked.  No one else really suffered the sore throat, or if they did, it was mild to moderate, and lasted a short time.  That's just how tricky strep throat really is: you can't tell by looking at it and pain level isn't always an indication, either.  We all had fevers, headaches, body aches, stuffy/runny noses.  We had coughs and chest congestion.  It was just all around miserable.  Today was a terrible day for me - lots of napping.  I'm starting to crawl out of my cave now.  I hope I can stay out of that cave.  I've seen my family turn corners several times this week, only to regress again.

We're all on antibiotics now.

No comments: