Monday, April 18, 2011

Memory Monday - April 18, 2011

Miss Moe has a blog entry called Memory Monday, and I thought that was a pretty good idea!  This is a rather lousy week for me to look industrious in our homeschool adventure, and really, I'm just striving to keep the household running.  The (almost) 2yo was whiny and extremely clingy all day on Saturday.  We were beginning to wonder what sort of rotten phase she'd entered.  Sunday morning, she was officially sick and everything was coming out both ends.  I thought it was getting better until Monday morning was a repeat, and then worse.  So lots of laundry, lots of cuddling, lots of showers, and lots of diaper changes and catching throw up.  She has a dr appt tomorrow morning.  Even so, I'm trying to keep the kids doing something productive with their schooling.  I DO have one lovely memory item to contribute!  We are working on the multiplication math facts, and the 10yo has only 6 more to memorize.  The 8yo is still working on 2s and 3s.  She isn't the best at focusing right now, and I'm not the best at sticking by her side to keep her focused right now.  So this week, we're mostly maintaining what we're learning.  AWANA officially ends on Wednesday, and the kids will have their awards ceremony.  This was a lot of memory work.  I'm glad we did it, but I'm always a bit exhausted when AWANA ends for the year:)  So that's it; math facts and the ending of AWANA.  And that's enough for me this week!

2 comments:

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Little bites, right? Slow and steady wins the race, as Aesop taught us. :-). Hope your little one is better soon and no one else gets sick! (I came over from WTM boards.)

MissMOE said...

Awana does sound like a ton of memory work. I'm always impressed when I see mama's willing to work with their children that much on scriptures! Thanks for jumping in and sharing.