Friday, July 10, 2009

Good news / Bad news

Georgyana had her dr appt yesterday.
At her June appt, she was 4 lbs 1 oz, 18 inches long
Yesterday's appt, she was 6 lbs 2.5 oz, 19 1/2 inches long. Way to grow, lil' Georgyana!

The good news? We're nursing (aka breastfeeding, at the real honest-to-goodness breast, yay!)

The bad news? We have thrush:-( I'm waiting to hear back from the dr to see if they can just prescribe something, rather than us going in to the dr. The white spots on the tongue are a pretty sure-fire indication of thrush, so I think a dr appt would be unnecessary (my completely non-medical unprofessional opinion). Z & I had this during our breastfeeding attempts, but luckily it went away shortly after beginning treatment. Hopefully this one dies easily, too...

2 comments:

melanie said...

YAY!! That's fantastic news about her nursing now! I'm so happy for you. I hope the thrush goes away soon.... what a pain!

Lisa said...

I'm glad things are going so well with Gg! I love seeing her when you're out and about!

Somehow I've gotten out of the habit of commenting on people's blogs. I'm getting LAZY! argh! Must try harder.