Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The past 2 weeks

A few people have asked when I'm going to write on my blog, so here is a recap of what we've been up to -
  • Georgyana had her first eye exam. We have to go every 2 weeks, until 10 weeks after her due date (so until 10 weeks after July 5th). After that, I think we'll have periodic check ups with a pediatric eye dr. They check for early signs of the cause for preemie blindness, so very important appts.
  • Alaithia went to day camp with fellow T&Ter's (AWANA) as a reward for finishing her book at AWANA.
  • Zoiya went to a tea party themed birthday party - very cute!
  • Zoiya and Alaithia are a huge help with the baby. Whenever I need to do something hands free, they are there to hold the baby for me. Very nice!
  • Our web design business received one of our regular work projects (just shy of 100 pages!!) that I have spent the past 2 weeks working on. Hence the blog neglect.
  • The girls are continuing their school and helping with housework. I have not been overseeing their schoolwork much, but hope to get back to that as soon as I have officially finished my work project.
  • The baby definitely prefers being held to sleeping in a crib or bassinett. She is getting lots of snuggles. Naptime is longer in someone's arms, whereas she doesn't seem to sleep long apart from the human touch.
  • Georgyana is already outgrowing her preemie size clothes - although it *should* still fit her weight, it does not fit her length. She seems to be a rather long preemie:)
  • I had my 6 week post-natal checkup - everything appears in good health, I have been cleared for regular activities, and I'm off of the blood pressure medication, yay!
  • Georgyana sort of nurses, a little bit, if I catch her in the right mood. I can only get her to latch on and nurse if she's in that evening fussy mood, if she has decided that the bottle or pacifier won't do. It's happened about 5 times now. I sometimes have luck with a nipple shield, but she doesn't have the stamina for a full feed at the breast.
  • Pumping breastmilk & washing bottles is exhausting work. I'm storing as much milk in the deep freezer that I can. If I can't get her nursing by 3 months, I'm turning in the hospital pump. I hope to have enough milk stored to last until Georgyana is 6 months old. You should see my growing freezer stash:)

2 comments:

~Byn There said...

Loved the update, it appears you are blessed exceedingly, abundantly, above and beyond....!
Grace & Peace to you.

Kristig said...

I work at Awana headquarters and your blog popped in my email since you mentioned Awana. :-) I wanted to drop you a note because I, too, recently had a baby at 28weeks and two days because of preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome. I had never heard of HELLP until the night my daughter was born. Pretty scary stuff...I can so relate to the long trips to the hospital everyday from the suburbs of Chicago into the city. Blessings to you and your family!