- Georgyana had her first eye exam. We have to go every 2 weeks, until 10 weeks after her due date (so until 10 weeks after July 5th). After that, I think we'll have periodic check ups with a pediatric eye dr. They check for early signs of the cause for preemie blindness, so very important appts.
- Alaithia went to day camp with fellow T&Ter's (AWANA) as a reward for finishing her book at AWANA.
- Zoiya went to a tea party themed birthday party - very cute!
- Zoiya and Alaithia are a huge help with the baby. Whenever I need to do something hands free, they are there to hold the baby for me. Very nice!
- Our web design business received one of our regular work projects (just shy of 100 pages!!) that I have spent the past 2 weeks working on. Hence the blog neglect.
- The girls are continuing their school and helping with housework. I have not been overseeing their schoolwork much, but hope to get back to that as soon as I have officially finished my work project.
- The baby definitely prefers being held to sleeping in a crib or bassinett. She is getting lots of snuggles. Naptime is longer in someone's arms, whereas she doesn't seem to sleep long apart from the human touch.
- Georgyana is already outgrowing her preemie size clothes - although it *should* still fit her weight, it does not fit her length. She seems to be a rather long preemie:)
- I had my 6 week post-natal checkup - everything appears in good health, I have been cleared for regular activities, and I'm off of the blood pressure medication, yay!
- Georgyana sort of nurses, a little bit, if I catch her in the right mood. I can only get her to latch on and nurse if she's in that evening fussy mood, if she has decided that the bottle or pacifier won't do. It's happened about 5 times now. I sometimes have luck with a nipple shield, but she doesn't have the stamina for a full feed at the breast.
- Pumping breastmilk & washing bottles is exhausting work. I'm storing as much milk in the deep freezer that I can. If I can't get her nursing by 3 months, I'm turning in the hospital pump. I hope to have enough milk stored to last until Georgyana is 6 months old. You should see my growing freezer stash:)
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
The past 2 weeks
A few people have asked when I'm going to write on my blog, so here is a recap of what we've been up to -