Tuesday, April 7, 2009

weekly checkup

My every-2weeks checkup has been bumped up to weekly, yikes!! We are quickly approaching the point when my pregnancy crash-landed last time around (pre-eclampsia & emergency c-section at 29 weeks). I'm up 5 lbs in the past 2 weeks, which the dr doesn't like. But otherwise, all looked good. This past week, I started drinking 64 oz of water per day & counting calories - both of which, I think, makes a difference in how quickly the weight goes on. Previous to this, I was enjoying myself a little too much! This is such an easy thing to do in pregnancy. Once that first trimester nausea clears, all food is fair game (or fair gain). Using some self restraint, I'm hoping to eek my way past the 29 week point with nothing more than these extra pounds to loose later on. Wish me luck. I'm already drooling over all the things I want to enjoy. Perhaps putting me in solitary confinement with a good book during the Easter Candy Season is a good idea...

After the checkup, we headed over to a friend's house for a day of mocking Twilight, the movie. The kids did an assortment of things, from watch Disney movies, tear apart board games, and play in the snow, all in the span of about 5 minutes before repeating the cycle. This is truly homeschooling's best socialization moments for the kids, and is probably more productive toward gaining friendships then a daily 20 min recess at a government school.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Definitely a "yes" on the friendships! Praying for your pregnancy!