Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Greetings from the hospital!

My one-handed typing ability & internet connection time is limited, so overlook my poor writing. I am in the hospital until the drs decide that the baby needs to be born. It is pre-eclampsia, but in it's earlier stages - although it came on rather suddenly. Last Friday's tests were normal, but Tues proved higher bp, protein in urine, & swelling of extremeties with rapid weight gain. These things are always a whirlwind adventure, lots of ups and downs. It is hard to update when info changes suddenly & drs make new decisions. Example: this a.m., dr comes in almost ready to perform the c-sec based upon signs that baby was in distress. I'm taken off all food/liquid, given an iv, and prepped for the worst. Two hrs later, baby checks out fine. Five hours later and I'm enjoying a large lunch with soda pop:) The next dr decides we're ok (but need to be cautiously monitored) - for now I can eat, shower, & take 3 walks about the room per day. I am on bp meds, which is helping to lower my bp. Tonight or tomorrow could be another time of things taking a nose-dive, so it really is something we take hour by hour. Baby is 3o weeks 3 days gestation. The ultrasound tech guestimates she is 3lbs 4oz. Thank you all for the well wishes & prayers & offers of help - I am truly blessed to have such friends! I've passed along the offers of help to my dad & brother, who are taking care of the girls, & I've encouraged them to call upon you if they need anything. My husband is ending his trip early and should arrive in MI late tonight - he also knows where to find you, lol.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad you've looking at things so positively. You continue to be in my prayers.

MICHELE said...

Praying for you too, Sarah!
You're in good hands! Tommie was born at the hospital you're at! It's a fantastic place!

Keep us updated...we're all rooting for you and your family!

Mich.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you!!
Christine
(seeds of faith online group)