Monday, March 23, 2009

Monthly Checkup

Today was my 25 week checkup. The baby's heartrate was 156. I woke up Sunday morning with a lot of water retention (puffy ankles, feet, hands, etc.), which has caused me a bit of panic (that's how my pre-eclampsia started last time). This time, we're thinking it may have been from the giant shin-dig at Sat night's book club. Pizza, chips, pop...lots of sodium and caffeine there! My blood pressure and protein levels looked fabulous, so no concerns yet...just a wait, watch, and see. This appt they started measuring my big belly. Next appt is in 2 weeks, and I'll get to drink that fizzy syrupy orange drink and have blood drawn. The dr mentioned maybe doing a pre-pre-eclamptic blood test along with it to see how things are going.

After the dr appt, we met friends at Burger King's playscape. We had lunch and the kids played. My friend had a bunch of baby stuff to get rid of, and she gave me some real treasures! Amongst the wonderful items were a Boppy pillow (yay! needed one of those!), a Medela Pump In Style (double yay! I wanted one of these gems for my 2nd born, but ended up renting a hospital pump instead), and a bunch of Avent bottles, which can get turned into sippy cups (another yay! since my kids still drink out of sippies & esp love the Avent ones, LOL). After that, we headed to the store to find Maternity Bras. My current maternity bras were saved from the last 2 kids and are barely hanging in there (key word: hanging. Sorry, couldn't resist!) One such bra has only 3 bare threads holding the shoulder strap on. I was just waiting for that embarrasing day when those threads decide to give...

It was a very good day, but now I'm tired. And since everyone loves deer pictures, here are some to amuse you. These are pictures of deer found grazing in our yard close to the house this evening...


3 comments:

~Byn There said...

Glad to hear things are going well. Wish I had some baby things to pass on but those days have been long gone in the Parton house. :( Great deer photos!

Lisa said...

Ooh, what a blessing to get the pump and other bf items! The deer are pretty!

Anonymous said...

Well, it sounds like you are doing great! That's what I want to hear.

Hugs!
M