Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday, Monday



I used to HATE that song. I thought it was such a lame song, until...we watched this PBS special on the Mamas & Papas. After hearing them talk about the song and watching them perform it, I was a sudden fan of the song. Today, the song seemed to hit the right notes for me. First, it was MONDAY. Second, I was tired and my head was in a fog. Third, it was COLD - we woke up with snow on the ground, and the fire had died out in the fireplace. Fourth, the kids seemed to be in the same funk as me, which doesn't help when I'm trying to motivate the three of us.

We spent a lot of time out on couches and chairs, wrapped in blankets, complaining. It was not a good way to start the week. We all couldn't decide whether we wanted to go back to bed for an hour or just hunker down and get schoolwork done. We spent a lot of time in this in-between world of indecision, trying to figure that all out. When we did finally decide to get schoolwork done (instead of napping), lots of complaining ensued anyway. The day was full of "do I have to?" and "but it's not fair". I'm sure there are subjects I forgot to insist upon doing. My goal originally was to make today look a lot like Friday, which was so completely productive and beautiful. On Fri, the kids got a jumpstart on school while I made breakfast. School went without a hitch, and we finished everything (including Science & History) by 11:30am. It was so productive, Daddy saw the whole thing and thought kids should do more schoolwork, LOL. I convinced him that being this productive should have it's rewards, and we should encourage this everyday!! Monday was a sad comparison, and yes...the yellow schoolbus did come to mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love that yellow school bus. But it only works so long! Trust me! Brandon use to dare me to send him to school!

Remember it's nearly the end of the year and warm weather is on the way!

Hugs!
M