Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Upcoming Week

I'm stealing this idea from Lisa, who writes a Weekly Preview on her blog. I think I just need to gain some perspective on my week. I've learned first and foremost that if *I'm* not "with it" for the week, then my family isn't either. It just leads to lots of frustrations. So here goes...

I'm going to *try* to get up at 7:30am and exercise each day next week. I'm also going to *try* to wake up my family by 8:30am and get them started on breakfast. And then I'm going to *try* to get us going on school around 9:30 or 10am. I find that our day runs so much smoother if I do this, but boy...I have far more days of getting up at 9am, getting started after 11am, and feeling like our day is totally shot.

I've also been *trying* to work on my novel from NanoWriMo. I've learned that writing with morning sickness does not produce good writing. Now that I'm past the morning sickness part of pregnancy, my writing is so much better! I'm also *trying* to read Jane Eyre for book club, but am only on Chapter 16. It could easily become one of my favorite books of all time - if I weren't so dog-tired and falling asleep by 9pm every night! I have so much I want to do, but between school, pregnancy, and the bare-minimum of housework, I am sooo tired.

Monday - school. Run errands. Library (ies)?
Tues - school. Wed - school, AWANA. Thurs - school
Fri - school. Possibility of a sleepover.
Sat - Book Club. Probably won't have Jane Eyre read by then.

Somewhere in there, I need to clean the house a few times (because it always falls apart the next day), make a pathetic attempt at catching up on laundry but fail miserably, read Jane Eyre, write my novel, and practice my piano lessons.

4 comments:

Robin of My Two Blessings said...

Try is the operative word alright. I am in the same boat with my nano novel and trying to finish what I started. I'm trying to get up at 6:30 and start writing. We'll see how well that works this week. Thanks for visiting.

Our Westmoreland School said...

This sounds so familiar! You know, I think every blog I read this weekend said something about 'when mom's off, everybody's off.'

Here's to March! Hopefully the days will pick up (I've pretty much given up on February).

Lisa said...

Give yourself the time you need. Everything takes longer while pregnant - or at least it seems to! That said, I do find we accomplish TONS more if I get up at my ideal time.

MICHELE said...

Thanks for the inspiration! Let us know how it works out!

Michele